At House of Catford, we pledge to operate as efficiently, sustainably and ethically as we can, as soon as we can.
Social responsibility is at the heart of what we do at House of Catford and as our business operations increase in size and scale, we remain committed to minimising our impact on the planet and reducing our carbon footprint.Actions for Environmental, Ethical and Philanthropic Responsibility:
- All of our products are minimally packaged in high quality, recycled and recyclable packaging. We ensure that all deliveries arrive safely and free from damage, without the burden of disposing of excess waste. We have successfully removed 100% single-use virgin plastic by the simple introduction of more sustainable products.
- Local orders are delivered sustainably by cargo bike and to ensure that nationwide orders are dispatched quickly and efficiently, we have partnered with shipping companies who are constantly striving to reduce, and offset their carbon emissions.
- All of the House of Catford staff live within a 1 mile radius and either walk or cycle to work.
- Our beauty products are free-from parabens, SLS, SLES and petrochemicals. The use of petrochemicals and chemical preservatives in everyday products has an enormous impact on our environment as the manufacturing process creates greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and pollution.
- Our home fragrances are 100% paraffin free, burning cleaner and longe
Sourcing products from local suppliers, merchants and artists is important to us. We want to support independent businesses that deliver high quality, value products to our customers all year round- without looking far from home. We currently work with 9 suppliers from Catford and 16 other local suppliers.
We work closely with local suppliers who share our values and commitment to social responsibility.
- We pay our employees above the London Living Wage.