At House of Catford, we pledge to operate as efficiently, sustainably and ethically as we can, as soon as we can.
Social responsibility is at the heart of what we do at House of Catford and as our business operations increase in size and scale, we remain committed to minimising our impact on the planet and reducing our carbon footprint.
Actions for Environmental, Ethical and Philanthropic Responsibility:
- We are proud to have removed all plastic carrier bags from our pop up store, replacing them with 100% recyclable and sustainably sourced paper bags. Our commitment goes further as we aim to reduce the number of bags given to customers and cut the overall consumption of carrier bags by 50%. Customers are kindly asked to bring their own bag, fill an existing bag with multiple items or invest in one of our 100% cotton reusable tote bags.
- All of our products are minimally packaged in high quality, recycled and recyclable packaging. We ensure that all deliveries arrive safely and free from damage, without the burden of disposing of excess waste. We have successfully removed 100% single-use virgin plastic by the simple introduction of more sustainable products.
- Local orders are delivered sustainably by cargobike and to ensure that nationwide orders are dispatched quickly and efficiently, we have partnered with shipping companies who are constantly striving to reduce, and offset their carbon emissions.
- All of the House of Catford staff live within a 1 mile radius of the shop and either walk or cycle to work.
- One of our most successful initiatives has been the introduction of our Catford reusable cups. Each reusable cup saves 750 single use cups, a significant impact when you consider that only 1 in 400 single use cups are recycled.
- In order to contribute to the development and maintenance of our green spaces, in 2022, our resolution is to plant one tree for every order placed through our online store.
- Our beauty products are free-from parabens, SLS, SLES and petrochemicals. The use of petrochemicals and chemical preservatives in everyday products has an enormous impact on our environment as the manufacturing process creates greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and pollution.
- Our beauty products are made in the UK and are Vegan, cruelty-free and 100% plastic free.
- For each bar of our vegan and cruelty free soap and shampoo bars sold, we donate a bar to charity.
- Our home fragrances are 100% paraffin free, burning cleaner and longer.
We are a not-for-profit that champions local creatives and entrepreneurs in order to give back to the community.
Sourcing products from local suppliers, merchants and artists is important to us. We want to support independent businesses that deliver high quality, value products to our customers all year round- without looking far from home. We currently work with 9 suppliers from Catford and 16 other local suppliers.
We work closely with local suppliers who share our values and commitment to social responsibility.
- We pay our employees above the London Living Wage.